制止信范例(配偶邮寄用)
Date
日期
Name of Spouse
配偶的名字
Address
住址
Dear Name of Spouse:
配偶名:
I am writing you this letter to document a series of physical beatings I received from you during the month of (specify2)。
我写此信是为了以文件证明在X月你给我带来了连续的身体伤害。
Such conduct has caused me to suffer severe humiliation3 and embarrassment4, emotional distress5, and physical discomfort6 from lacerations and other visible bruises7. I have taken photographs of my injuries as proof of your acts.
如此的暴行使我遭受了极度的屈辱,情感压抑,并忍受着伤口和其他可见伤痕带来的身体不适。我已对这类伤处进行了拍照,作为你暴行的证据。
Please treat this as my final demand for you to cease and desist perpetrating any conduct of a threatening nature upon me. This includes.findlaw verbal threats, abusive language, and physical contact. In the event this request is ignored, be assured I will call the police and seek a temporary order of protection in the family court. This order may, among other things, prohibit you from remaining in our marital8 residence. I have consulted an attorney who will file criminal charges as well as a civil lawsuit9 grounded in assault and battery, not to mention a request for the police to arrest you.
请你停止对我推行任何意在威胁的行为,这是我对你最后的请求。这包含不要对我进行口头威胁、辱骂和身体上的触碰。假如你对此请求视而不见,我必然会叫警察并请求家事庭发临时保护令。保护令的内容将包含禁止你在大家的婚内住所继续居住。我已经咨询了律师,届时他会以殴打为由对你正式提起刑事诉讼并附带民事诉讼,当然请求对你的逮捕也是不可防止的。
Hopefully, all of this will not be necessary. I suggest you hire an attorney to contact my lawyer within the next several days in the amicable10 attempt to resolve our marital difficulties and avoid expensive and protracted11 legal intervention12.
很期望事情不会进步到这样地步。建议你近期几天雇律师与我的律师联系,期望能以和平的方法解决大家婚姻中的问题,从而防止昂贵又冗长的法律方法。
Very truly yours,
此致
Name of Spouse
配偶名
cc: Name of Your Attorney
律师名
Send certified13 mail, return receipt requested.
以挂号信方法寄出,收据交回。
Author's Note: A similar version of this letter can be sent by your attorney if you prefer.
作者附言:此信还有类似的版本,假如你想,你的律师会代为寄出